Thursday, 24 April 2008

Spinning mad.


Finally today I was able to take a couple of shots of what Ive been spinning recently. Lately when its been bright enough for me to take photos Ive been stuck in work or Im off and its dull. Im still not great with the camera but the day light certainly helps. I would love one day to be able to have a lovely blog just like Broklyn Tweed but I would also like to talk to the animals but I dont see either happening anytime soon.



This first one is from a batt I got from feltstudio.uk at esty. Its called Magpie and has merino, tencel, viscoes, sequins and sparles in it (and other things I have forgotten). I just love this one. It is going to become a scarf either knitted or woven along with this. Which is a batt from Loop also on etsy. This one is alpaca and firestarter I think. Its a bit difficult to see the lovelness of this though in the photo. In real life its all subtley sparkley and yummy. Ive also got another batt turned fibre from Loop that is also black alpaca but this time with huge clumps of brightly coloured sari silk blended in and together with a tencel/merino blend from Spunky in Pink Elephant and some feather yarn I got on ebay a scarf I shall make. Im reaally looking forward to seeing how I get on with it because in my mind it is already fab.



This one is romney from Spunky in the Joshua Tree colourway. This one is a total favourite. I love the colour, I love the texture, I love the whole thing. I loved spinning it too. Overall a real winner.


Finally for now I aslo have this one. Its another Felt Studio Uk batt called Sunrise and has everything in it including camel. It has spun up so soft and squishy. This one will



one day be mitts but I want to get some orange wool to do the cuffs with.
In other news Im getting pretty excitted about Wonderwool Wales that is only 2 more sleeps away. This will be my first ever fibre festival. Ive always been jealous of all the great events for knitters ans spinners in the US such as Maryland S&W, Rhinebeck and the Stitches shows but for once Im so pleased that Im also going to have a bit of festival crazy. Ive got a shopping list as big as my arm and have planned on buying just what ever takes my fancy (maybe even an alpaca :0)) and just having a great time. Its about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me and the car has filled up with folks already so I dont think there will be alot of room left for other stuff but I still am excitted. I want to look for a wheel because Im a bit fed up with mine (Kiwi). I also want some Posh Yarns stuff and some alpaca to spin. And some fybrespates fibre and, and, and.......

No comments: