Saturday, 5 April 2008

Fibre, fibre, fibre...

So my idea to keep this blog up to date lasted all of one night. The reason for it is my brother (who is lovely and also reads this blog even though I told him not to) stole my camera wire. Took it. It was gone. He is bad. And I thought a blog with no photos is just too boring for words even if it is only my brother who reads it. But I have it back so I can post something tonight.







Its been a fibre week for me. I have got my spinning mojo back after about six months. Don't know where its been but I'm glad to see it again. Originally the spinning vibe lasted just about long enough for me to buy a wheel and some fibre and have about 3 tries, get bored and not touch it. Ive got a second hand Ashford Kiwi that seems to be a great wheel. To be honest I haven't got enough of a clue to know what is what but I like it. And others have said its a good first wheel and they do have a clue.


So what have I been spinning? Well after the green BFL last week I spun up some purple BFL but it has barber poled in such and ugly way I am not even going to photograph it. It is ugly and needs to be punished. I had a go at chain plying that was terrible but I understood the concept, you know small mercies and all that. But look here is a wool (or yarn, bah) that I do like....




Its from a bat off esty by Feltstudiouk. Its called "Tender" and has merino, Falkland, tencel and sparkle and is super soft and lovely. I tried to get thick and thin with alot of texture in it because Ive been a bit bored of aiming for smooth yarns. Its not set yet though so still looks a bit messy. But how cute is it? The bats came today. Let me show them to you.

These are all fro feltstudiouk and I think have the same ingredients in them. The top on is tender, then we have sunset and lastly that's jolly.




And quickly this is what I'm doing now. Its SW merino from fibre bought of fyberspates and I'm aiming for a sock weight but who knows what it will end up being :0)